Friday, May 15, 2015

Friends

Today was an interesting day. It didn't turn out anything like I expected! Beth and I were supposed to visit a local woman at her work because she teaches at the local daycare/kindergarten. When we got there, she wasn't there, and they told us she was sick. We had been getting quite concerned because she lives on the fourth floor and she has no family here and we had been trying to reach her for several days. So we were almost relieved when they told us she was in the hospital. 

We made a visit to the local hospital to see her. She will be there another few days, but at least the mystery was solved, and she is being well taken care of!


She and Beth have been friends for years so it was good to hear them talk about common interests! The patient had been taking pictures from her bathroom window of the stars and the sunsets. She was showing us her beautiful pictures.

Tonight at chapel, we had people from Texas, northern and southern and western Germany, Wisconsin and one other state that totally escapes me now. It was delightful to visit with them after worship. And I also got to meet the organist for tomorrow's worship in the Stadtkirche. So all is well! We finished off the night with an organ concert, some apple pie ice cream and  some really cheap Christmas wine! My friends, Beth and Kit, joined me for the wine and the ice cream. I can't believe I had my last chapel service today. I am going to miss my little community of people!

Beth Schnabel has been my deputy director for Wittenberg English Ministries. She is the detail person and maintains our town connections. She is also my dear friend now. Since we are both here without our husbands, we have been doing a lot together. She comes to Wittenberg from Medina, Ohio.



Karl is on his way from North Dakota to Germany. If all goes well, he should arrive in Wittenberg tomorrow evening. I am anxious to see him!

A couple of P.S. things ....


My friend Micheline helped me translate one of the gravestones I saw the other day. In fact, if you are reading my blog regularly, it was the stone with the haunting woman statue on it.


It said, "What you were to me I keep in holy silence. What you are to me stays in me."

Tomorrow is the local Blumen Festival. They were preparing for it today in the Marketplatz. More on the festival tomorrow!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment